About Me

I am a high school assistant principal in St. Joseph, MO, the city where the Pony Express started and Jesse James ended.  I’m a big sports geek and love Chiefs’ football, KU basketball, and all Missouri Western State University sports.  I am married to my high school sweetheart, Kim, and we are the co-creators of Alex and Alison.  I am a proud graduate of Highland Community College (KS) and Missouri Western State University.  I received my masters degree in administration from Northwest Missouri State University and my Doctorate from the University of Missouri in 2010.

One thought on “About Me

1. Hi Rob!

My name is Heather Von St. James, 9 year cancer survivor and mother to a beautiful little girl, Lily. I noticed your recent blog post and was hoping you’d be able to help me with a cause that I hold dear to my heart.

When I was diagnosed with mesothelioma, as a new mother, I was full of fear. I was only given 15 months to live, and had to undergo a life changing procedure. On February 2nd I had my lung removed, which my sister declared LungLeavin’ Day. We celebrate it every year by writing our biggest fears on a plate, and smashing them into a fire. LungLeavin’ Day grows bigger every year, and I was hoping that you’d be willing to help with this inspiring movement. We are asking a select few bloggers to use their voice to help build hope and awareness. An interactive page has been created to tell my story mesothelioma.com/heather/lungleavinday.

I’d love for you to check it out and let me know if you’re interested! I can send along more information. I look forward to hearing from you!

Thank You 🙂
    Heather Von St. James